Headquartered in Leverkusen
HealthCare researches, develops, manufactures and markets innovative products for the
prevention, diagnosis and treatment of diseases. The company thus plays an important part in
improving the health of people and animals.
Bayer HealthCare has four operating divisions:
- Animal Health (veterinary medicines and grooming products)
- Pharmaceuticals (prescription medicines)
- Consumer Care (over-the-counter medicines and dietary supplements)
- Medical Care (blood glucose monitoring devices) Radiology & Interventional (Contrast media for diagnostic imaging and contrast agent injection systems)
Bayer HealthCare has 55.300 employees worldwide and generated sales of EUR 18.6 billion in 2012. The divisions Animal Health and Pharmaceuticals, Germany are headquartered in Germany, while Consumer Care and Medical Care (Diabetes Care and MEDRAD) are based in the United States. Bayer HealthCare’s Animal Health and Consumer Care divisions occupy leading positions worldwide.
Animal Health manufactures and distributes about 100 different veterinary drug products and
grooming products for livestock and companion animals. It is one of the leading global suppliers of
veterinary specialties and ranks fourth internationally.
The Animal Health division is headquartered in Monheim, Germany, and has annual sales of EUR 1.3 billion (2012).
In Bayer Nordic the Animal Health division has sales offices in Denmark, Sweden and Norway and is represented in Finland by Orion Animal Health and in the Baltic Countries by Magnum Medical.
Examples of products
Baycox®: treatment of of coccidial infection
Drontal® and Drontal® Plus: against endoparasites
Advantage®: prevention and treatment of flea infestations on dogs & cats
Bayvantic® Vet.: treatment and prevention of flea and tick attacks on dogs
Baytril®: treament of infectious diseases with companion animals.
Advocate®: Prevention and treament of a wide range of external and internal parasites in cats and dogs
Profender®: Spot-on treament for cats against endoparasites
For further information please see our homepages or click here to send an e-mail
Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals is a powerful, leading company within the area of
specialized treatments and develops innovative and highly efficient prescription drugs for the
prevention or treatment of kidney cancer, multiple schleroses, fertility control and erectile
dysfunction among others.
As such the division researches within central life-threatening diseases and sufferings that affects the quality of life and the age.
Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals is headquartered in Wuppertal, Germany, and generated sales of EUR 10.3 billion in 2012. The Scandinavian headquarters is situated in Stockholm.
Examples of products/services
- Treatment of age-related macular degeneration (AMD): Aylea®
- Specialized Therapeutics (drugs for treating diseases of the central nervous system)
- Hematology/Cardiology (blood-clotting agents, thromboembolic diseases) e.g. Kogenate®, Adalat®, Trasylol®
- Oncology (products for treating leukemias and lymphomas, drugs for solid-tumor therapy)
e.g. Viadur®, Nexavar®
- Primary Care (anti-infectives, men’s healthcare, cardiovascular and metabolic diseases)
e.g. Ciprobay®/Cipro®, Avalox®/Avelox®, Glucobay®, Levitra®, Nimotop®
- Women’s Healthcare (contraception, menopause management, gynecological therapies)
e.g. Yasmin® , Levonova®
- Treatment of acne and rosacea (flushing in the face): Finacea®:
Consumer Care manufactures and markets non-prescription medicines and vitamins. Among the
products is Aspirin®, the world's best-known pain killer. Developed more than one hundred
years ago as a remedy for pain and inflammation, acetylsalicylic acid, the active ingredient of
Aspirin®, is today the global gold standard for prevention of recurrent myocardial infarction and
Division Consumer Care with headquarters in Morristown, New Jersey, USA is among the global leaders in research and supply of OTC products with annual sales of EUR 3.5 billion (2011).
Consumer Care's Scandinavian headquarters is situated in Solna, Sweden with sales offices in Norway, Denmark and the Baltics.
Examples of products
- Aspirin®: pain killer
Bepanthen®: ointment for red bottoms and wounds/schratches on the skin
Canesten®: treatment against thrush
Priorin®: against hairloss
Rennie®: chewable tablet against pyrosis
Send us an e-mail , if you need more information about Consumer Care products in the Nordic countries.
For more than 60 years Bayer has helped people with diabetes and we continuously launch new innovative products. This is why Diabetes Care is one the world's leading companies within diagnostics systems for measuring blood glucose levels.
Diabetes Care is headquartered in Tarrytown, USA, and the Nordic headquarters is situated in Oslo, Norway.
With Bayer's diabetes products, service and support, we wish to help people with diabetes to a better everyday.
Radiology & Interventional
Bayer R&I is a worldwide market leading manufacturer and distributor of contrast media and high tech medical devices that enable or enhance diagnostic and therapeutic medical procedures for computed tomography, magnetic resonance, and cardiovascular applications.
Examples of products
- CONTOUR® XT, CONTOUR® NEXT og CONTOUR® NEXT USB blood glucose monitoring systems
- GLUCOFACTS® DELUXE: computer programme that transfers results from the blood glucose meter to a computer.
- Diagnostic Imaging (X-ray contrast media, contrast agents for magnetic resonance imaging) e.g. Magnevist®, Gadovist®, Primovist® and Ultravist®
- MEDRAD contrast injectors: e.g. Stellant™, Spectris Solaris™ and Arterion™